Skin care is so much more important than makeup.— Halima Aden
Right now, the weather is dry and warm (Fall season). Therefore, my skin needs extra hydration and protection from UV rays. I wear sunblock everyday. (I live in California, and us Californians need to wear sunblock even when we’re indoors). My skin is mostly dry around my nose, mouth and cheeks, and my cheeks are sensitive and pink. If I don’t cleanse my face well, I usually break out on my cheeks and forehead.
Dry, sensitive skin care products for the Fall season that work for me:
- I remove makeup with the Anew Hydra Fusion Micellar Cleansing Water. It’s refreshing, has vitamin E and antioxidants, and is hypoallergenic. Don’t get it in your eyes, because it will burn! If you need to remove makeup from your eyes, use Avon True Color Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Lotion. It’s gentle on the eyes.
Another good makeup remover is the Rice Water Bright Cleansing Facial Wipes. This is best for on-the-go and removes makeup well (even waterproof makeup) and doesn’t leave my skin dry. One package contains 50 sheets.
- Anew Ultimate Cream Cleanser – After removing my makeup, I use this cream cleanser. This creamy cleanser is richly hydrating and leaves my skin buttery-soft. It doesn’t foam or create suds like regular cleansers and soaps. I massage it onto dry skin to remove dirt, oils, then rinse off with warm water. My skin is left feeling hydrated, soft and not tight at all.
If my skin feels extra dirty or oily in the T-zone, then I use the Rice Water Bright Foaming Cleanser. It leaves my skin squeaky clean, but because I have sensitive, dry skin during the Fall, I can’t use it both day and night everyday. It foams up well, and a little goes a long way. It comes in a big 11 fl oz bottle.
- Anew Hydra Fusion Gel Cream – I like this refreshing gel cream, because it provides 72-hours of long-lasting hydration (contains hyaluronic acid – a super hydrator that is naturally in our skin but lost over time), locks in moisture, is non-greasy and hypoallergenic. My skin is left supple and it doesn’t cause my skin to breakout. The gel cream feels like aloe gel but unlike aloe gel, after Hydra Fusion Gel Cream dries, my skin is still feels hydrated. (When aloe gel dries, the skin is left dry). I’ve actually used the Hydra Fusion Gel Cream on sun-burned skin, and it felt soothing. It is hypoallergenic!
- Anew Clinical Eye Lift Pro Dual Eye System – This is a 2 in one product. The Arginine gel goes on your upper eye lid and upper orbital bone, and the cream goes on the under eye area and lower orbital bone. It firms, lifts and reduces crows feet wrinkles. It is suitable for sensitive skin, hypoallergenic and fragrance-free. I can wear this all day, and my eyes never get irritated and never burn.
- Anew Skinvincible Day Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 50 – This is the best facial moisturizer for me, because it gives me the UV protection that I need (I’ve actually sat on the beach for 2 hours with just this moisturizer on my face, and my face did NOT burn while other un-protected areas of my skin did burn), is suitable for sensitive skin, hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic and oil-free. It does contain a little bit of retinol but not enough to irritate my skin. Best of all, it doesn’t leave my face looking or feeling greasy.
- Anew Skinvincible Deep Recovery Cream – Yes, I cannot leave my skin bare at night during the Fall season. The air is so dry! After I cleanse my face, I apply this night cream for protective moisture. It is fragrance-free, suitable for sensitive skin and doesn’t cause me breakouts! Yes, I cannot live without moisturizers.
There will be new Korean beauty products that will arrive from Avon in collaboration with The Face Shop (a Korean beauty company) which they call Avon X The Face Shop. One of their skin care lines is called Dr. Belmeur, and it will include sensitive-skin moisturizers containing Cica.
Cica is more than just a trendy beauty ingredient—it’s known– Avon Website
to relieve irritated skin, strengthen the skin barrier and gently moisturize.
In fact, cica was named “tiger grass” after tigers were
discovered rolling in it to heal their wounds.
I tried it out, and I definitely give it the thumbs up! It’s not available to customers yet, but it will be soon! After I am done with my Anew Hydra Fusion Gel Cream, I am going to buy a full-size jar of Dr. Belmeur Advanced Cica cream. You can join Avon’s mailing lists to know when it arrives!
Get free shipping with Avon on orders $40+ (promo code not needed)!