More limited edition holiday items for Campaign 25 (Nov. 10-23, 2020). I love the Look of Emerald necklace, bracelet and ring!
October 29, 2020 – When I tell customers that Avon holiday items sell fast, they probably think that I’m just trying to get them to buy, but I’m honestly trying to prevent them from getting disappointed. Every year the holiday items sell so fast, that so many people complain that they weren’t able to grab what they were eyeing. Don’t claim I never warned you all! 🙂
The musical Light-up Greenhouse is already SOLD OUT! It’s not even Halloween, yet! Crazy!
I made a video of our C24 online brochure with nice French-themed music. Enjoy and shop early!
Subscribe to get more content from my blog
Avon is celebrating their 134 years (since 1886) in perfumery with a surprising, exclusive item that has us going crazy – Avon Charmed Eau De Parfum which will retail for $1,000 [when you shop with an Avon Representative]! Watch below and read more about what makes this fragrance so luxurious and unique.
The decanter is a 18K gold finished peacock adorned with 21 Swarovski crystals on its tail feather, and the peacock sits on an ivory pillar. Watch the video below to see the luxurious decanter.
Avon Charmed reflects their proud heritage and presents a powerful and beautiful scent experience laced with sophistication.
1,886 exclusively numbered pieces. 18K gold finish with 21 Swarovski® crystals. Premium fragrance made with the most precious oils.
Be enticed by a radiant burst of crisp neroli as lily of the valley and jasmine absolute create a delicate floral veil. Notes of warm musk add a seductive dimension to this captivating fragrance. Elegantly presented in a lavish 18K gold bottle and packaged in a charming gift box. So alluring. So enchanting. 3.4 fl. oz
Crisp Neroli, lily of the valley, jasmine absolute and warm musk.
Warm & Dreamy – Warm floral scents with flowing, silky and romantic notes.
Subscribe to my blog to get more content
It’s not even Halloween yet, but I’m already excited about Avon’s Holiday 2020 collection. The theme is Paris. Paris represents romance. You’ll see this theme in the packaging and some of the beauty gift sets for this holiday 2020.
The holiday collection will include:
- Paris-themed Skin So Soft gift set
- Eiffel tower decanter
- Golden Christmas tree sculpture that lights up
- Creamy eyeshadow that shimmers
- Makeup brush set with loose “crystals” inside the clear handles that comes in a Paris-themed carrying bag
- Bubble bath in the kitty cat decanter
- Fragrance gift sets
- Gold starred beauty caddy
- Clear-ball ornaments containing a makeup applicator sponge shaped as a Christmas tree and snowman
- Light-up and musical holiday home decor
- Holiday pajama sets
- and much more!
Subscribe to my blog to get more content
This pandemic has brought on hard times for many families. I appreciate how Avon quickly responded to the pandemic and expanded my E-store with Daily Essentials (dish soap, laundry detergent, cleaning wipes, kitchen utensils, and more). To further help you, I wanted to create this quick blog post with tips on how to save at my E-store.
Quick Ways to Save at My E-store:
- Sign up for Rakuten to get 4% cash back every time you shop at my Avon E-store. Yes, you read that right! It’s real and it works. I’ve verified it myself.
- Purchase gift value sets, value packs, trios, 3-piece sets or duos. It costs less per item when you buy Avon products in sets, trio or duo.
- Subscribe at my E-store by creating an account and opting-in to my exclusive offers to get free gifts, discount and free shipping. I personally create promo codes just for you (my E-store subscribers).
- Check your spam or Promotion emails for my promo code emails.
- If you don’t want to check your emails, simply log into my E-store with your Avon account. If there is a promo code waiting for you, you should see an alert at “My Account.”
- Purchase $60+ to get automatic free shipping. Since my E-store doesn’t allow customers to stack multiple promo codes together, a great way to get a free gift AND free shipping at the same time is to use the free-gift promo code with an order of $60+ so that you can get the automatic free standard shipping.
- Enter the monthly sweepstakes. It’s free to enter, and the prize is always more than $200 in Avon products!
- Finally, shop the Sales & Promotions page at my E-store.
I hope you found this post to be helpful! Take care, everyone!
Subscribe to get more content from my blog
I’m a mom of a 5 year old son, and if you have kids or grandkids, you know that play dough doesn’t always get placed back into their containers then end up drying up overnight. Instead of taking a trip to the store with the kids, you can probably make your own play dough with what you have at home. Not just any play dough, but the super soft, non-sticky kind that won’t crumble. The recipe below makes a super soft play dough with a nice scent.
WARNING: This play dough is not suitable for kids that eat play dough!
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup baby powder (or cornstarch)
- 1/4 cup of salt
- 1 tablespoon of Skin So Soft Bath Oil
- 3/4 cup water
- Food coloring
- In a pot, mix all the dry ingredients.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the pot.
- Add food coloring to the mixture.
- Heat the mixture over the stove in low heat.
- Keep stirring the mixture until the dough doesn’t stick to your finger when you touch it.
- Take the dough out of the pot and put it in a zip lock bag or plastic food container.
- If you feel the dough is too hot to play with, cover the container or close the plastic bag and put it in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes.
- The play dough is ready for play!
When not in use, store your homemade play dough in a zip lock bag or plastic food container in the refrigerator to make it last longer. It can be stored for up to 3 months.
Subscribe to my mail list to get more content from my blog
I’m not going to tell you what should be your 3 top makeup must-haves, because it’s up to which makeup makes you feel confident enough to step out of the home. For me personally, it’s about the features of my face that feel most insecure about: the melasma around my eyes (caused by pregnancy), my thin eyebrows and my small mouth.
I have oily/combination skin with dry spots around my nose and mouth, and I have fine wrinkles around my eyes when I smile. I have medium skin tone and used to try to get away with just concealer and no foundation, but it doesn’t look natural. I have a hard time finding a concealer that matches my skin color exactly. I found that having a medium-to-full coverage foundation with a finish similar to my natural skin works best for my melasma and fine lines, because I can apply it to my entire face for an even skin tone and am able to cover my melasma without concealer. Foundations with a matte finish (when I am not wearing face primer) makes my fine lines more pronounced, so my ultimate choice is the Ink Lasting Liquid Foundation Slim Fit. It leaves a natural-skin finish, evens my discolored skin and doesn’t cake which is great for my fine lines and dry skin areas. PLUS, it doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin!
For some reason, I dislike doing my eyebrows even though it’s a MUST before I leave home. I choose to use the Glimmersticks Brow Definer, because it is waterproof, retractable (does not need sharpening) and applies easily.
I’d normally go for a tinted lip gloss (Avon True Color Lip Glow Lip Gloss) or lipstick (such as Avon True Color Nourishing Lipstick or Mattitude Liquid Lipstick), but since COVID-19 broke out and face masks became mandatory in California, I don’t see the point of wearing lipstick unless I’m staying indoors. My lips get a little dry, so I love the Moisture Therapy Intensive Treatment Moisturizing Lip Treatment, because it has no flavor (in my opinion) and moisturizes for a long time without stickiness .
What are your 3 makeup must-haves?
Join my mail list to get new content from my blog
It’s April 5, 2020, and I live in Los Angeles County in California. California Governor Newsom has ordered Californians to stay at home in order to slow the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus). Parks, beaches, schools, libraries, malls and other public places are closed. Only essential businesses are open.
If you’re like me, you are trying your best to be a trooper (even though I really miss being outside and being with friends & relatives) during this COVID-19 pandemic by staying home as much as possible and only going out to get essential items [and to walk/exercise where no one is around].
What’s it like going to the market during the COVID-19 lockdown?
Since the market only wants a small amount of people inside the market simultaneously, I have to stand in line outside Vons market (6 feet apart from people) in order to get my turn to shop inside the market and quickly purchase what my family needs if there are any inventory left (lots of empty shelves and slim pickings). We can now only purchase 1 or 2 quantities per item due to some individuals hoarding supplies. I wear a mask and sanitize my hands often. I use my own grocery bags, but the bagger won’t touch my bags, so I have to bag my grocery at my car. Once I get home, I wash my hands for 20 seconds and disinfect my purse, shoes, and each grocery item. It’s a tedious process, and sometimes I ask myself, “Am I still in U.S.A.?“
Which essential items can Avon ship direct to my home?
Even online stores are out-of-stock of many essential items. Before you go on a supply run to the market, checkout my Avon E-store to find some of what you need. Your order will be shipped direct to your home. Free shipping on orders $60+. No promo code needed.
- Hand Soaps
- Body Wash
- Shower Gels
- Beauty – cleansers, moisturizers, toners, serums, etc.
- Hair Care (Shampoo, conditioner, serums, sprays)
- Body Lotions
- Hand Creams (constant hand washing can dry and chaps your hands)
- Kids bath items
- Toothpastes and tooth brushes
- …and more.
Receiving your order
Your Avon order gets delivered by UPS in a box. If you’re afraid the box will be contaminated with COVID-19, spray the box with Lysol or a disinfectant before bringing the box into your home.
Subscribe to my email list to get new blog content
Jeanine gives 3 skin care tips for bright and beautiful skin.
Subscribe to get new content from my blog
It seems like in the U.S. (mostly based on all the current makeup looks that I see on Instagram or social media these days), a face with a matte finish (with highlights on the cheekbones, nose and cupid’s bow) is trendy. In South Korea, the dewy finish or “glass skin” is trending. So which one is better? No matter what the trend is, choose a finish that works best for your skin.
What’s the difference between matte and dewy finish?
A foundation with a matte finish leaves your skin looking velvety or powdered – it doesn’t leave a shine or reflect light. You don’t need to set the foundation with powder, but you can use a setting spray (optional).
A foundation with a dewy finish leaves your skin looking moisturized, radiant and glowing. The dewy finish is youthful. You can set the foundation use a setting powder (to make it less dewy) or setting spray.
How do you know which finish to choose?
It all comes down to your skin type.
Choose matte if your skin is:
- Oily or shiney
- Doesn’t need added moisture
Choose a dewy finish if your skin is:
- Dry and needs added moisture
- Has imperfections or fine lines that need to be softened
2 product recommendations:
Cashmere Complexion Longwear Foundation – liquid foundation with a soft-focus matte finish, 24-hour wear, water-resistant, breathable, full-coverage and fragrance-, paraben-, sulfate- and phthalate-free. Pairs well with VDL Primer.
Ink Lasting Foundation Slim Fit – liquid foundation with a skin-like dewy finish, weightless, long-lasting, medium to full coverage, and evens skin tone. 18 different shades available. Pairs with Tone-up Primer.