I’m a mom of a 5 year old son, and if you have kids or grandkids, you know that play dough doesn’t always get placed back into their containers then end up drying up overnight. Instead of taking a trip to the store with the kids, you can probably make your own play dough with what you have at home. Not just any play dough, but the super soft, non-sticky kind that won’t crumble. The recipe below makes a super soft play dough with a nice scent.
WARNING: This play dough is not suitable for kids that eat play dough!
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup baby powder (or cornstarch)
- 1/4 cup of salt
- 1 tablespoon of Skin So Soft Bath Oil
- 3/4 cup water
- Food coloring
- In a pot, mix all the dry ingredients.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the pot.
- Add food coloring to the mixture.
- Heat the mixture over the stove in low heat.
- Keep stirring the mixture until the dough doesn’t stick to your finger when you touch it.
- Take the dough out of the pot and put it in a zip lock bag or plastic food container.
- If you feel the dough is too hot to play with, cover the container or close the plastic bag and put it in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes.
- The play dough is ready for play!
When not in use, store your homemade play dough in a zip lock bag or plastic food container in the refrigerator to make it last longer. It can be stored for up to 3 months.